The Beckrytex Paint System limited pain warranty is as follows:
Beckers extends this warranty panels, effective from the date of shipment and sold as a warranted or Number One panels as indicated on the customer’s original invoice. It applies only to goods used on wood frame buildings and on architectural, commercial, pre-engineered, or residential metal buildings, which are installed in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. This warranty shall extend to the purchaser of the material and is non-assignable and/or non-transferable. Should the purchaser become insolvent, bankrupt, make an assignment for the benefits of its creditors, or for any reason discontinue its normal or regular business practices, this warranty shall forth become null and void and of no legal effect. The purchaser must present the original sales receipt for warranty consideration.
Although it is recognized by Hixwood that most coatings, including BECKRYTEX, will face and change in appearance to some degree over a period of time in outdoor installations, and that such changes may not be uniform between surfaces not equally exposed, Beckers warrants that the goods covered by this warranty will resist natural weathering to the extent that they will conform to the performance standards below during a period of 30 years for film integrity and a period of 30 years after shipment for both chalking and color change, provided that all conditions of this warranty are first met. Provisions (1) through (3) below apply to buildings installed north of the 15” parallel of latitude in the northern hemisphere. Only provision (1) applies to buildings south of this latitude.
- For forty (40) years, BeckryTex will not peel, flake, or otherwise lose adhesion to an extent that is apparent on ordinary outdoor visual observation. Note: Sight cracking may occur on roll-formed edges or break bends at the time of forming, and it is considered as standard, such cracking shall not constitute a basis for complaint under this limited warranty; and
- For twenty-five (25) years, BeckryTex will not chalk in excess of a numerical rating of eight (8-vertical installations), (6-non-vertical installations) when measured in accordance with five standard procedures specified in ASTM D-659 and NCCA 111-8; and
- For twenty-five (25) years, BeckryTex will not fade or change color in excess of five (5) NBS units (vertical installation), or six (6) NBS units (non-vertical installation) following installation. Color measurements are to be made per ASTM D-2244 and can only clean surfaces after removing surface deposits and chalk, per ASTM 3964.
This is an anti-weathering limited warranty and does not apply to other causes or degradation, including:
- BeckryTex which has suffered scratching or abrasion by a hard object has been abused, altered, modified, used in a manner not originally intended or stored contrary to instructions of (insert name here), or in accordance with good industry practice, is damaged due to moisture entrapment in bundles during transit or storage; is stored or installed in a way which allows standing water on the coating or any chemically aggressive environment containing fumes, ash, cement dust, carbon black, salts, or other chemicals whether naturally occurring or caused by man, is stored or installed in a way which allows contact with animals and/or other waster or its decomposition products; is stored or installed in an area, or in such a way, that damage can occur due to poor air circulation; caused by acts of God, radiation, falling objects,, explosion, fires, riots, civil commotions, acts of war, or other external forces.
- BeckryTex which suffers from improper forming, fabrication, or embossing, cut edge exposure, corrosion of structure, or the development of any other condition between the coating and the substrate – which causes the coating to degrade or delaminate, including any failure in the cleaning process or pretreatment.
- BeckryTex which is installed within 1000 meters of salt water or other marine environment.
- This warranty will not extend to or cover damages to the materials due to improper shipping, handling, installation, storing, erecting of the panels on the job site and/or any act of negligence of the customer or any third party after the panels leave the possession of (insert name here). Claims arising from the following conditions will also not be warranted: a) Steel shavings from sawing sparks that come into context with a painted surface, b) Damage to the pain surface due to the use of an abrasive saw blade, c) Panels used on or near animal confinement, d) Damage due to the use of wet, green, or treated lumber, e) Use of fasteners not recommended by Beckers.
If any of the products fails to perform as warranted, the company will repair or replace the defected panels at its sole discretion, and (insert name here) shall bear no liability, except to the options listed above. If Beckers chooses to replace the defective material, the liability is expressly limited to the purchase price of the defective material, and labor costs will not be given due consideration. Beckers will not be held responsible for any losses, damages, or expenses caused by or resulting from the use of defective materials. Beckers receives the right to terminate or modify this warranty except with respect to orders steadily accepted.
2526 Delta Lane, Elk Grove Village, Illinois 60007 Telephone (847) 766-3555 Fax (847) 766 3593
15310 Arrow Boulevard, Fontana, California 92335 Telephone (909) 356-1095 Fax (909) 356-0854